The police said they have arrested additional 12 suspects in connection with the April 5, 2018 bank robbery at Offa, Kwara State.
The police had earlier arrested eight suspects bringing the number of suspects in custody to 20.
The force public Relations Officer, Jimoh Moshood, in a statement on Friday in Abuja, said the police recovered from the suspects, handsets, IPad, and SIM cards belonging to victims of who were killed during the Robbery, adding that they all confessed to the crime.
Those Arrested Include…….
- Adegoke Shogo 29yrs – Arrested in Offa
- Kayode Opadokun 35yrs- Arrested in Offa
- Kazeem Abdulrasheed 36yrs- Arrested in Offa
- Azeez Abdullahi 27yrs – Arrested in Offa
- Alexander Reuben 39yrs- Arrested on the 11th April, 2018 in Lagos.
- Azeez Salawudeen – 20yrs – arrested in Offa and victim’s phone and Sim cards recovered from him.
- Adewale Popoola 22yrs – Arrested in Offa and victim’s phones and Sim cards recovered from him.
- Adetoyese Muftau 23yrs – Arrested in Ibadan, Oyo state.
- Aminu Ibrahim 18yrs- Arrested in Ilorin.
- Richard Buba Terry 23yrs- Arrested in Ilorin
These three last suspects in whose possession another Beretta pistol and Fourteen (14) rounds of five ammunitions were recovered.
- Two (2) Beretta Pistols
- Twenty (20) rounds of live Ammunition.
- Four (4) phones and SIM cards belonging to victims, some of whom were killed during the attack.
Consequent on the inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris NPM, MNI, deployment of High – powered Police Investigation Team, Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC), Three (3) units of police Mobile Force (PMF) AND Anti- Robbery equipment to Kwara state to carryout discreet investigation into the banks robbery, prevent further attacks and bring perpetrators to justice , the high – powered police Investigation Department have arrested the Nine (9) above mentioned Armed Robbers directly involved in the Banks Robbery and attack on a police Station in Offa, Kwara state.
The Nigeria police Force once again deeply commiserates with the Government and people of Kwara state, most especially the people of Offa and the Families of the Victims. The force will leave no stone unturned in unravelling this dastard act and bring all those responsible to justice. The force appreciates the supports from members of the public so far and calls for calm and their cooperation to sustain the normalcy that has been restored in the state.
Molindo Mary Nkoyo (Probono Partner)